Ohio Concealed Carry Class (CCW)
The only "working person's" CCW in Northeast Ohio. Most of this class
in ONLINE (permitted by Ohio Law now). You take most of the course in the comfort of your home.
This course is conducted by certified NRA Pistol Instructors and certified Hubbard Conservation Club (HCC) Range Safety Officers IAW ORC 2923.125. Our
instructors are all prior military or prior police.
This course is available for:
1) Individuals/individual/private training.
2) Groups (ask about discount for 5 or more)
3) I can also conduct the full lecture of this class in the setting and time
of your choice - contact me for details.
This course includes:
- Over five hours online class study (with videos, quizzes, reviews, discussions, and the ability to post questions to an instructor). You must register for the
free class to gain private access.
- Almost three hours hands-on classroom training that includes a written test, question and answer, live demonstrations, and two and a half hours live fire and
qualification training on the range.
- This course is designed for both men and women, over 21 years old, with a variety of experience levels.
After successful completion of this course you will receive a "Ohio Concealed Carry Training Certificate of Completion" that is signed by a certified NRA Pistol
Instructor. The class will explain how to apply for your permit.
- ONLINE: Introductions and Necessary Paperwork
- ONLINE: Firearm Safety
- ONLINE: Firearm Basics and Operation
- ONLINE: Shooting Skills
- ONLINE: Cleaning and Storage
- ONLINE: Your Ohio Rights and Responsibilities
- ONLINE: Ohio Concealed Carry Laws and License Application Steps
- Firearms Handling and stance
- Review and written examination (required by Ohio)
- Live fire qualification on the range (required by Ohio)
- Discussion: Local clubs, associations, and the NRA.
What you will need to bring:
- $75 (we do not accept check or credit card)
- Notepad, pen/pencil
- Your own hearing protection (ear defenders: sporting good store, Walmart, etc)
- Your own eye protection (your glasses suffice)
- Dress appropriately (closed neck shirt or blouse; no open toed shoes or sandals)
- Your Ohio Drivers License
- Your own pistol. (.22 through .45 only. We prefer .22 if you have it). If you don't have one we can arrange to rent you one, with applicable ammunition, but
this is very limited/first come-first serve.
- 70-100 rounds of applicable standard ammunition for your pistol (no +P, etc.)
What you receive:
- Top notch training and attention.
- A "Certificate of Completion" upon your successful conclusion of this course.
- A copy of the "Ohio's Concealed Carry Laws And License Application Manual".
- The NRA book "New Shooters Guide". The 'new' NRA Shooter Guide is a brief summary of all aspects regarding firearms. The book covers information that
- Gun Safety
- Home Safety & Storage
- Understanding The Types of Guns And Their Parts
- Actions For Long Guns
- Typical Long Gun Parts
- Types Of Pistols
- Semi-Automatic Pistol Parts
- Revolver Parts
- What to Expect On The Range
- What You Need
- Cleaning and Other Things To Remember
Questions: Please Contact Us
Note: This is an Ohio CCW class IAW ORC 2923.125. This course is not an NRA affiliated or NRA approved course but DOES satisfy the training requirements
set forth by the state of Ohio.
NRA Basic Pistol Phase 1 Course
$50 This is part 1 of the
NRA Basic Pistol courses. This IS an NRA approved and sponsored class.
You can either take this online or in class. Please contact me for details.
NRA Basic Pistol Phase 2 Course
$79 This course is taught by certified NRA Pistol Instructors and assisted by certified NRA
Range Safety Officers. This IS an NRA approved and sponsored class. NRA Basic Pistol Phase 1 and 2 are
requirements for students wishing to go on to take the NRA Basic Pistol Instructors coursework. This is a five hour course (three hour classroom and two hours of live fire on the range).
Passing a Range Qualification Exam and a Written Examination is REQUIRED to Pass the Course.
In this course you will learn, review, and practice:
- Firearm Safety
- Range Safety and Protocols
- Determining Your "Dominant Eye"
- Proper Two-Handed Grips and Stances
- The Five Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Loading, Cocking, De-Cocking, and Unloading Various Single Action and Double Action Pistols
- Pistol Maintenance
- Shooting Positions (Bench and Standing)
- Live Fire Exercise and Qualification
- Successful Completion of the NRA Basic Pistol Phase 1 Course (course completion evidence)
- Your own pistol and 100 rounds of ammunition for that pistol.
- Your own hearing and eye protection.
- Color picture ID.
- Notepad and pen/pencil
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook (which you will have recieved in Phase 1).
Questions: Please Contact Us
By Arrangement Only
This is a basic introduction to pistols. If you have never fired, owned, or held a pistol before, this is the class to take. This does not result in a CCW training certificate but it
gets you started down the path of gun ownership and all applicable safety rules.
This is a four hour class.
<< New text box >>
NRA's Refuse To Be A Victim Seminar
Seminar/Group/Church Rates Available
I will offer this course in any venue you would like... please contact me for details.
This is an award winning NRA course. I will teach you how to improve your personal safety strategies, and what techniques and tactics can be used to help avoid
becoming easy victims of crime. In general, this class heightens awareness of what can and should be done to stay safe. The topics that are covered in this class include:
- Psychology of Criminal Predators
- Mental Preparedness
- Home Security
- Physical Security
- Workplace Security
- Parents and Children From Pre-School to College
- Senior Citizens
- Automobile Security
- Out-Of-Town Travel Security
- Technological Security
- Self-Defense Physical Training
- Personal Protection Devices
- Persons With Physical Disabilities
- Domestic Violence
Questions? Please contact me.